Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A friend suggested that I start journaling my prayer requests, praises, life events, and more as a way to work through some of the stress and emotional baggage I've collected in 2012.  I've tried to sit and write.  My friend said the pencil to paper is more effective than typing.  And of course, a journal is supposed to be private, a place where you can write anything.  Anyone who knows me knows I live my life out loud.  There isn't much of anything that isn't public, so when it came time to really start pouring my guts out into a notebook, it just felt awkward.  Actually, it felt stressful!  And isn't the point of journaling to relieve stress?

So, here I am blogging.  I'm not sure if anyone will ever lay eyes on this but it feels good to tick, tick, tap, tap, tick, tap on the keys and produce a paragraph on the screen in front of me.  Way less stressful than trying to write it down.  Maybe I'll mature into a "real" journaler with a pencil and paper someday, but for now, I shall type and post.

I really don't like new year resolutions because it practically guarantees an auto fail for most things I try to accomplish.  But one of the Bible reading plans I wanted to work on actually starts on the first of the year and is easiest to track by the date so I sort of made a resolution, by default, to read through the Bible in a year using this chronological plan.  I'm in for all 365!  Anyone wanna join me?

Praises for today
- - an excellent meeting with coworkers that got sidetracked into a brainstorming session
- - got my home straightened out a little more from the Rance Family Christmas chaos of last Sunday
- - feeling sooooo much better, bronchitis is on the way out and tummy is on the mend form stomach flu
- - my hubby is super sweet and although he didn't do anything particularly special today, he is a praise!!
- - made it to the gym and spent some time sweating and didn't stoke out  LOL

Prayers for today
- - praying for myself and family members who continue to struggle with the loss of my Dad and Aunt
- - praying for a friend who's doc found a lump and now faces testing and mammogram
- - praying for friend who's dad is in hospice
- - praying for a friend who's little one is running an up and down fever
- - praying for my family to stay healthy and strong: physically, mentally, and spirtitually
- - praying for stick-to-it-tive-ness to overcome my life
- - praying for clarity and direction on what God wants me to do now that I have an empty nest
- - praying for those who are grieving Patrick's passing
- - praying for my kids: good work, own homes, growth with spouses, enjoyment of married life

Random stuff
- - I am looking forward to Revenge and Once Upon A Time on TV next Sunday
- - I am excited to see what God has planned for me in 2013: so many passions ignited, what flames will burn out and what will catch and spread?!
- - I have an itch to make something with the fabric on the sewing table

I've about typed myself out for today.  Not sure how often I will do this but it DOES feel GOOD to get it all out!!

One of my favorite songs...just thought I'd share!



Ephesians 6:7
L  :)



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your blog, Lisa. I will have fun reading it periodically. And I learned you like Once Upon a Time like me! Praying along with you, girl!

    ReplyDelete